Laser tag leagues
Click to learn more
Register your spot for term one 2024 now. Commences from February 1st 2024
Wednesday War Dogs junior league ages 7+
4.40pm - 6.00pm
Includes a structured laser tag coaching awareness program.
Wednesday Premier league - Graded - age 15+
7.00pm - 9.00pm
This league plays National level format
We stream this league live each week. Click on the Twitch link and be ready around 7.00pm to see high performance level laser tag play Albury ZLT - Twitch
Thursday THOR junior league ages 7+
5.25pm - 6.45pm
Includes a structured laser tag coaching awareness program
Use your Active Kids NSW Office of Sport vouchers if you are eligible.
Call 02 6021 5000 for more info or to register
Existing leagues - how they are structured and played
In Albury, our junior leagues have the following playing elements:
- League game is similar to casual laser tag game team targets. This retains familiarity with laser tag as you learn other new things.
- League term aligns with the NSW school term for 10 weeks (usually)
- With our junior leagues you can join in anytime during the term if there are vacancies
- Leagues are set up for a 75-minute duration
- Generally have four teams play with up to eight players per team
- Some leagues may be a singles league where all players play against each other.
- Each player plays three games per week
- Each week, four or five games are played in the league. Teams rotate between games to play their three games. When missing a rotation, you will have a break in the laser tag foyer.
- Only three bases are used, Red, Blue and Green. Each team will play a different base colour each week
- When you are, for example, Green base, you have to defend your base being attacked whilst some of your team has to attack other bases to score.
- In each game, the high score team gets 6 points, second highest gets 4 points and third gets 2 points
- At the end of the term, team on top wins the premiership.
- Cost is $13/week for our juniors and $15/week for our Premier league.
- Premier League plays Australian National laser tag competition format and is graded. This league is where you learn how to play at State level standard.
Laser tag sport coaching
Co-owner of Zone Laser Tag Albury is Coach Garvin who has 25+ years in tenpin bowling high performance sports coaching. He has designed initial coaching programs for laser tag which are incorporated in our junior leagues. These are the Bronze Basics and Bronze Advanced coaching programs and in 2022. The Silver Basics level will be added.
Sport education is critical to teaching players how to play laser tag. See our coaching page for more tips.
Leagues operate through the NSW school terms and a new season commences each term.
- Register your spot now. Vacant spots can be filled during the term.
- Competition season aligns with NSW school term.
All abilities and skill level ok.
Register now to join a league.
Learn skills from experienced staff and advanced players who will assist your game development and consistent higher scores.
Albury Laser Tag competitions
Laser Tag is a sport with some centre's conducting league and tournament play.
There are International and National competitions being played each year. If playing laser tag as a sport is something you want to try, contact us so we can assist your entry in this sport in a pathway suitable for you.
Come as a group or single player to be formed into a set team.
There is a yearly $11 membership fee. Membership enables you to have all your league and social games recorded in our members data base and use member entitlements.
When you've played 1000 games as an Albury member, you get your Alias name tagged in our arena. Several of our arena walls are already tagged.
Create your own league.
League types can include:
- Business v Business (just need five teams to commence a league
- Senior leagues aged 55+ (can be daytime mid-afternoon)
- Disability leagues (we do support all inclusion yet recognise some groups are more comfortable with specific participants) - can be daytime mid-afternoon
- School competitions
Enquire now to commence your own league. Leagues can be:
- singles from 10 – 25 participants
- Doubles from 10 – 16 participants (5 – 8 teams)
- Triples from 12 – 24 participants (4 – 8 teams)
- Fours from 16 - 24 participants (4 - 6 teams)
- Fives from 15 - 25 participants (3 - 5 teams)